Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lost and Found: A Camera and Inspiration

                                                         Strawberry/ Field (Floyd Bennett Field)

 The first strawberry of the season and a new toy--a camera I promptly scratched the lens on.  What inspired me to remember that moment was this strawberry photo linked to via edible brooklyn.


                                                     
                                                            The bike lane Plumb Beach--

                      I've been missing this ride for too long now and discoveries along the way. The beach has finally been repaired by the Army Corps and hopefully the bike lane soon follows.

                             
Coming home to a weed in a jar identified by Joe
                                       


Attempt at Scaring Foraging Marauders
 I miss Margaret.Though I did get to see some of her columbine this year growing in Martha's garden.



                                                              Buds and leaves and branches.

  It seems like it is more than time to get back to the garden. I could write a book on the activists and what has been going on the last two years but it would the opposite of inspiring. The latest insanity comes via Nick Pinto at Vice Magazine. I don't think it is because I was paying attention to plants and trying to learn something prior to this pipeline project that assisted me so much the last two years in attempting to understand the project and everything that surrounds it, but it very well may have been. It was a humbling experience to realize when I began gardening just how much I had missed seeing for a long time. But at the same time it was so wonderful to be able to see the world in a new way and to be so excited about learning.

I'm trying to find my way back to the source of that inspiration. It won't be the same as a few years ago. And that is a good thing. In the garden, there are seasons and cycles, repetitions and patterns, but there is always also growth.  

No comments: