Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Year, A Day and About an Hour Apart

Looking at Lagerstroemia in Lily Pool Plaza at Brooklyn Botanic, Dec 17, 2010

I was only half joking when I talked about creating my own botanical holidays and celebrating the Holiday of the Viewing of the Paper Bush buds. There is much truth in the jest. We are free to create our own rituals and celebrate the seasons in our own way. I went back to Brooklyn Botanic to look at the Paper Bush buds on Sunday and to look at the Crape Myrtles at the far end of the Lily Pool Plaza because I wanted to see if I could recreate a moment for myself, but I was also keeping an eye out for things I'd missed noticing before in this time of the year, on the cusp of winter. But my feet were cold so the trip was short and I really will have to return again next year.

On Dec 18, 2011

No comments: