Wednesday, March 7, 2012

From One Year to the Next, A Cherry, Prospect Park


Last year, I stood at the foot of this very same ornamental Cherry (I'm going to go with Okame cherry, it's definitely an early one) in Prospect Park on the opposite ends of one week and snapped some similar photos. The difference between last year and this one? (besides my having to rely on a phonecamera and not the real thing this year?) About a month. The tree is not yet in full bloom, though, the earliest of flowers are open on it. Looks like I'm going to have to just start officially calling it spring and amping up the minutes of paying serious attention outside now. If it's going to be a fast onset to spring, I don't want to miss it. (Also spotted yesterday, the first leaves on a crabapple and a magnolia bud opening at Brooklyn Botanic.)

No comments: