Saturday, February 26, 2011

Windowsill farming?


Nah. I picture that involving a really tiny farmer with really tiny tools. (Admittedly though if you attach the word farming to just about anything these days, you'd generate a little interest-- urban plus agriculture equals really hot right now, proving that trendiness is not necessarily always a bad thing.) But we're just plain old regular-sized gardeners trying to give the vegetable seedlings a little more light on a gray morning. Even a south facing window in the city won't prevent legginess. It was pretty dark outside early this morning.

1 comment:

Frank@ShelterwoodGardens said...

Leggy leggy is par for my course. I do not see your email, but wanted to forward an initiative by Marie Viljoen regarding the woods in Prospect Park. If interested, email me at nycgarden@gmail.com and I'll forward to you.