Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More Dreams, Another New Year

Marking the seasons last year
(From the collage above: Clockwise from top left: Watching swelling buds on a Sweetgum at winter's end/spring's beginning; The last light of spring on a SweetPea vine flower; Cutting flower's with Susan at summer's end; Viewing Paper Bush buds on one of the last short days of fall.)

I'll probably start the new year with more dreams on my mind once again than concrete goals. I'd like to say at the end of this year that I came close to making a living wage working in the horticulture/gardening field, and though I'd love to say that this is more of a concrete goal than a dream, I'm not so sure that's correct. I have dreams of a certain lot in the city filled with flowers, a temporary, experimental urban flowerfarm. This I know is a big dream, unattainable really and just a hair illegal, but it's such a good and fun one that I'm willing to pursue it wholeheartedly anyway. Probably the only thing that I can be sure of is that if I watch the seasons unfold outside and pay attention to the beauty and the growth in a moment, I will learn more about plants, one dream that was fulfilled last year.

No comments: