Sunday, July 17, 2011

7:30 PMs, Mid-July


under a lily at 615 Green , a community garden in Park Slope, Brooklyn above and outside Marie's garden gate with the quintessential summer flower at Floyd Bennett Community Garden. As a lucky recipient of the work of those who went before me building these fine community gardens out of nothing, I couldn't have chosen two better places to spend my 7:30 pms this Mid-July weekend. The days are long and as the sun gets closer to setting, the intense heat of the day eases a bit and it's the perfect time to celebrate all that's good about the season. There's nothing like a summer evening in that magical last hour before the sun goes down.

2 comments:

frank@nycg said...

nice lily shot.

Sweetgum Thursday said...

thanks. i've been reduced recently to using my phone for pictures because i can't get my camera to focus properly, so I'm pretty psyched when i get a picture that's usable.