Tuesday, May 3, 2011

When the Weather's a Dream



Davidia involucrata Dove Tree, Handkerchief Tree in bloom now at Brooklyn Botanic

you're lucky if you end up somewhere dreamy too. I went to Brooklyn Botanic in the early evening for the annual plant sale, but got lost walking the grounds trying to take in all the beauty.

Dove Tree blooms at Brooklyn Botanic

Davidia involucrata bloom at Brooklyn Botanic

I left with the Guara I was looking for (and about a hundred pictures of the Dove Tree and the lilacs, tulips and on and on) but also fell in love with a few plants in the Native Flora Garden. Now I'm dreaming of someday having a shade garden so that I might grow them.

Royal Fern unfolding, Brooklyn Botanic Native Flora Garden



















Osmunda regalis (Royal Fern)



Eastern Shooting Star (Dodecatheon meadia)

2 comments:

Frank said...

I love wandering the evening of the plant sale, often the lilacs are in bloom.

Sweetgum Thursday said...

Lilacs blooming? Check. The scent? Delicious. Yes, wandering through that garden is one of my favorite things to do.